Welcome to the BLD Washington Covenant Community
The Bukas Loob Sa Diyos Covenant Community, BLD Washington District, or simply referred to as "BLD Washington", is a community of disciples inspired by the Holy Spirit to be living witnesses for transformation in Christ to bring about a world of justice, human development and true peace.
In response to the challenges of our particular place, time, and culture, we will evangelize families and build communities of faith through Encounters, Life in the Spirit Seminars and Discipleship Formation; we will give formation on personal and family prayer, pro-life values, Catholic social teachings, and stewardship; we will actively participate in the life and mission of the Church in accord with our God-given gifts; and we will work on poverty alleviation through scholarships, housing for the poor, and advocacies for life, environment, and good governance.
It originated in Manila, Philippines in 1985. Today, BLD districts are found in Asia, North America and other parts of the world. BLD Washington holds annual or bi-annual weekend retreats for Marriage Encounter, Life in the Spirit Seminar, Family Encounter, Youth Encounter, Youth Life in the Spirit Seminar, Singles Encounter, Solo Parents Encounter, and John 6 Crossings.
BLD Washington meets regularly every Friday for Praise and Worship at the Our Lady of Victory Church, 4835 MacArthur Blvd. N.W., Washington, DC. Fr. David M. FitzPatrick is our Spiritual Director.
- We need volunteers to feed the homeless in Arlington, VA this December to wrap up the 2017 calendar. The 2018 schedule is now displayed on …Read More »
- The Singles Encounter 8 weekend originally scheduled for June 23-25 has been postponed to October 27-29.Read More »
- Due to the Memorial Day weekend, the teaching scheduled for this month is moved 1 week earlier to May 20. Classes begin promptly at 9:30AM. …Read More »
- Interesting article on the Catholic Herald: How Eucharistic miracles show Christ’s blood typeRead More »
- Word Sharing Circle (WSC) Reflection Guide Palm Sunday (Cycle A, Year I) April 9, 2017 Readings: Is 50:L4-7/Ps 22:8-9, 17, 20, 23, 24/Phil 2:6-11/Mt 26:14-27:66 …Read More »
First Friday Mass
Every 1st Friday of the month at the Church
Praise & Worship
Every Friday (except 1st Friday) at the Hess Auditorium
Our Lady of Victory Parish
4835 MacArthur Blvd NW
Washington DC 20007